Fitness Influencers

If you read my post from last week, you know that my friend Madi is well on her way to impacting others in all the best ways. This week, I want to highlight a few already big-name influencers who have been instrumental to getting me where I am today. These individuals have harnessed the power of social media to create a brand for themselves. While they do have services or apparel to sell, they follow the 80/20 rule flawlessly (spend 80% of your time discussing what the consumer wants to discuss or hear about and 20% selling your product). These women don’t shove their ideals down your throat. Rather, they provide helpful content and inspiring testimonials that make you want to be better. They are role models for people across the globe and deserve all the positive attention that social media has brought them.

1)      Whitney Simmons

My girlllll. You know how sometimes you see a stranger on TV or social media and you’re like, “oh yeah, we would be friends for sure?” Yep that’s how I feel about Whitney. She’s fit, she’s funny, she’s down to earth, and really just an all-around rock star. I believe it is a combination of these attributes that have contributed to her wild success.

Whitney has an impressive 981k followers on Instagram and 718k subscribers on YouTube, and boy does she deserve every single one of them. She is an expert at audience engagement, making every single one of those people feel valued and appreciated. Check out her page for full workouts, a friendly face, and lots of motivation.



@whitneyysimmons

2)      Kaylee Ullom

Two words - Booty. Goals. - Seriously. Not only that, but this girl is as real as they come. Catch her doing her thing, teaching people, inspiring them, and clapping back at anyone who gives her grief for it. She’s an awesome example of a strong woman who stands up for herself and what she believes in, which is such a positive standard to follow.

With a following of 219k on Instagram, she has a great reach. If her own results aren’t convincing enough, I can vouch for her services first hand. I purchased her Booty Building Phase 1.5 plan earlier this year, and dangggg let me tell you -- Never have I ever sweat so much or been so sore as when I complete those workouts. Girlfriend knows what she is doing, and is well worth a follow.



@kayleeullom
  

3)      SuzieB
      
      Just more all around #goals. Pistol squat extraordinaire and mental health advocate. When Suzie isn’t absolutely killing the game in the gym, she is very open and honest with her followers about her anxiety, constantly helping to break that stigma. I have no doubt that hearing her speak so openly on the subject is extremely beneficial to a large portion of her followers.

      Suzie has acquired an Instagram following of 588k that will only continue to grow. While her account is a gold mine for helpful workout videos, she also offers online plans and has a small apparel line. However, as previously mentioned, she never comes across as pushy or like she’s trying to sell to you; she just genuinely wants to help. Not only is she a champion for physical heath, but also for mental health, and I’m just not sure it gets any better than that.



@suzie_kb



This list is by no means comprehensive; there are countless individuals on the web doing the same great work. However, I think these ladies certainly deserve my recognition as their pages have motivated me to keep going and get after it day in and day out. Keep killin’ it gals. The social media world is a better, more uplifting place because of y’all 😊

Comments

  1. I have noticed this trend as well, and I think fitness is more widespread now than it has ever been! The only thing that bothers me about some of the instagram fitness influencers is sometimes they can seem very fake through their sponsors and advertising. Otherwise, I think its one of the better movements in social media.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing to see the positive influence social media can have. Lately, we hear so much about the negative impacts of the digital world and how much hate is being spread through it. These girls really are proof that there is good in social media. I follow so many fitness accounts, and without them I'm not sure I would have the same motivation to push myself harder and harder everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow many fitness influencers, so this post interested me. Fitness tips, workout videos, healthy recipess, wellness, etc. have all become so prevalent on social media and the web and it's continue to grow and change the fitness and health industry. I enjoy being able to follow people's progress and learn new workout's and health tips. I think it's great because it's free and allows me to do when I am able to and easily find what I'm interested in. However, this could affect future gyms and diet plans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's awesome to see how these girls have used social media to be such a positive impact on many people today. I follow a few fitness accounts and honestly gain so much motivation from seeing them post videos and pictures of themselves. Not only is this a free outlet for many women searching for inspiration or help with their workout or dieting plans, but these accounts are generally positive as they encourage their followers. Great article!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I follow multiple fitness influencers to try and motivate myself and get myself to work out more. I love this post because fitness is such an important aspect of my life. These women are able to use social media as a platform to inspire other women and to motivate them to improve their fitness routines. Its truly amazing to see how much of an impact social media can have on people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love watching of all the Instagram fitness influencers videos on insta, so as soon as I saw the title I knew I had to read all about it. It is so amazing to see how people have turned their daily routines into profitable empires. On top of that, like you said many of their accounts are relatable because they use the 80/20 rule. In fact, my latest blog post was all about social influencers in fashion which kind of correlates with the fitness influencers; because these influencers are creating content that is attainable as well as relatable to their audience they are broadcasting to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great article- I think it is amazing just how many fitness and health social media account (especially Instagram) there are. I know a lot of people who follow them and I do think it has led to a more healthy mindset among our generation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super interesting! Instagram fitness stars often get hate and I loved how you pointed out about how they're rocking social media. It was nice to see that a lot of these girls care more about brand deals and seem to really care about their followers which you don't always see. You also summarized their presence well and thoroughly. I'm honestly about to follow all these amazing girls! Thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This article was very interesting!! I am not familiar with the fitness influencer genre. I pay more attention to the gaming community on YouTube, so this was a great glance into another community that I was not familiar with. It's interesting to be able to draw parallels between the two communities. Influencers are so important in both spaces! They really help drive sales of various products, and both types of influencers don't want to push their products onto their audiences.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts