Introduction

In this digital day and age, it is increasingly easy to get your hands on any information you may be seeking. Fortunately for me, this made it simpler to begin a journey towards fitness and leading an overall healthier lifestyle.
 My story started on the Instagram explore page when I came across the profile of global fitness star, Kayla Itsines. I was floored by the transformations of individuals across the world who followed her online training guide. But what shocked me even more was the international community she had built of women who had never met, and might not ever get the chance to, but were each other’s greatest cheerleaders none the less. She did all of this through the power of the web. WOW.
Now, Kayla is not the only fitness guru to accomplish such a feat, and I will blog about others in later posts, but she was the first one to catch my attention. Searching Kayla’s page led me to other profiles featuring different people and various workout styles. Eventually, after a lot (*read years) of giving up and starting over, I found exercises that I liked that I could keep up with consistently. AND I didn’t even have to talk to a real person or spend a dime, y’all!!!
As fitness quickly developed into one of my favorite things, it’s funny to look back on that story. What a cool concept that you can learn everything you need to know and more through the internet and social media. You can enter into a community of strangers with the same interests as you, and they can end up feeling more like best friends. Technology is wild like that, and I am oh so thankful.
In the coming weeks, I’ll discuss more in depth about ways that digital marketing is completely changing the fitness world through apps and influencers and everything in between. I am so excited to explore one of my new-found passions through this digital marketing lens, and I can’t wait to share all my thoughts and discoveries with y’all!


The cover of Kayla's Bikini Body Guide

Comments

Popular Posts